Good morning and happy Saturday!
Last weekend I divided up my pink and black Targhee and began carding the batts for a gradient yarn. My goal was to start spinning last weekend too, but once I finished making the batts from the divided fiber and laid them out on the floor, it was clear I had some more work to do before I started spinning.
The batts in the middle transitioned nicely from one to the next, but on the pink end, the difference between the 100% pink batt and the 90% pink/10% black batt was significant enough that I needed to make the transition a little more gradual. On the other end, it was the two batts just before the 100% black batt that needed some work. There was barely any difference between the two.
Using some of the leftover pink and black fiber as well as small strips of fiber from each adjacent batt, I created some new batts to bridge the gap between the 100% pink batt and it’s neighbor, and created another new batt and made some adjustments to a couple others at the black end.
I am finally ready to start spinning this morning, but I am off to get a much needed haircut first. Have a great weekend!